Table bookings will open on 13th February.
How does it work? If you're new to this, you basically hire a table for an hour or more and sell your own items, that’s simply it.
FDWC will not take any percentage of what you sell - you keep all the profits. So if you fancy yourself as a bit of a ‘Del Boy’ salesman, try our Flea Market Bring & Buy! We are situated in the same hall as last year, upstairs and to the right.
Payment will be on the day and is £2-00 per table per session.
Table bookings will open on Mon 13th February. Please contact email@example.com to reserve a table. Table availability is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
The Flea Market will be situated in the same hall as last year, upstairs and to the right.
1. All tables are numbered. When you confirm your booking, you will be allocated a table number. If you want more than one table they will be next to each other as far as we can manage it. If you want a table(s) for more than one session it will be the same table(s) as far as we can manage it.
2. Tables are not to be used for Traders, and will include no free standing display cabinets and racks on the floor, both in front of and behind the tables. If in doubt check with me at the earliest opportunity.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Flea Market is for selling off unwanted or surplus 2ndhand figures or games, either as an individual or as a club. If it isn’t 2nd hand, it shouldn’t be in the Flea Market. If you make and paint a load of stuff, as a hobby, and are looking to sell it, then the trade tables are for you, not the Flea market, as are offering building and painting services.
As an aside, we have always had the cheapest trade tables, by a considerable margin, of any major UK show, so don’t let that put you off. Once again, the Flea Market is intended to help individuals, either on their own or as part of a club, to sell on unwanted or surplus items, not items made just to be sold on.
3. There are four sessions, which correspond with peak visitor numbers.
4. The change- over between sessions is 10 minutes, so the sessions will run as follows – 1020 to 1120; 1130 to 1230; 1240 to 1340; 1350 to 1450.
5. Last year there were no issues, so since it appeared to work well we’ll stick with the same system - you’ll be notified with 5 minutes of the session to go, giving a full 10 minutes to get sorted. We expect that the table(s) will be cleared at least 5 minutes before the next session starts.
6. The Fire Escapes and Entrance Doors area must be kept clear, and things like using chairs as additional displays will not be allowed. We have copped a bit of flak from the School Janitor over obstructions in previous years. If you want more space, book more than one table, and note the restriction on free standing displays/racks at item 2 above.
7. Payment will be on the day, and is £2-00 per table per session.
8. We will keep any booked table until five minutes after the session starts, if you haven’t made it by then we may re-allocate it. Empty tables will be offered up to those either side, but if you want to use it, expect to be asked to pay for it, again, if you want more space, book more than one table.
9. By making a booking, it is understood that you agree to abide with the above conditions. They aren’t onerous, and if everyone takes part in a friendly spirit then we’ll all have a nice day out.
10. One issue from previous shows was the amount of rubbish left, despite bin bags being supplied. It's awkward to dispose of half empty drinks cans, especially when they are left covered over, inside piles of apparently empty boxes, you are responsible for your own refuse so please make an effort.
For the complete avoidance of doubt - if I haven't emailed you back with a table number when you acknowledge sight of the Agreement - YOU HAVEN'T BOOKED !!
Have a fun and profitable day!